JNKA’s President, David Kuhlman, just finished his 12th year serving as an architectural tour guide of historic Chicago-land churches for St. Paul of the Cross Parish. This year’s tour included St. Rafael Church in Old Mill Creek, which made headlines over recent years for moving and rebuilding the exterior facade of the former St. John of God Church that was located in Chicago’s Back of the Yards neighborhood (designed by famed church architect Henry Schlacks in 1922). The parish is still raising funds to complete the project, including the re-construction of the missing bell towers (see www.newoldchurch.org). The tour also included a visit to former JNKA client, St. Bede Church in Ingleside, which was originally designed by the famed church architect Joseph McCarthy in 1940.