Project Description

JNKA was commissioned to design a new vertical extension of the center portion of St. Mary of the Angels Church’s front facade. Originally constructed in 1920, this portion of the historic church’s facade was dismantled in the 1990’s due its poor condition and structural instability. The design incorporates the Roman renaissance style and masonry details of the existing church and provides a large 30’ tall mosaic image of the Madonna and Child to reflect the church’s dedication to the Blessed Virgin Mary.